Cambria Quartz Warranty
For Cambria products sold before September 1, 2018 and after August 1, 2008.
Cambria provides a Lifetime Limited Warranty to the original owners of the installed Cambria Natural Quartz SurfacesTM (the “Product”) that the Product will be free from manufacturing defects for so long as the original owner owns the Product. Although the Product is carefully inspected prior to shipping or delivery, it is the responsibility of the Owner to thoroughly inspect the Product upon its receipt. Any damage to the Product thereafter is the responsibility of the Owner. Final inspection and approval of the installation is also the Owner’s sole responsibility.
This Limited Warranty shall apply only where Product is properly fabricated and installed for the residential or commercial interior use only by Cambria approved Installers and Fabricators and only where Product, including floor tile, is properly installed for residential or commercial interior use only, subject to the exclusions set forth below; is used for its intended purpose, and is maintained and used strictly in accordance with the Cambria Product Care and Maintenance Information, which are available within this Limited Warranty document and on the Cambria website at www.CambriaUSA.com.
General Terms & Conditions of this Limited Warranty
This warranty is Limited. The Owner’s sole and exclusive remedy against Cambria shall be at the sole option of Cambria, to repair or replace the defective Product in slab or tile form, depending on the installation, or refund the purchase price.
FURTHER, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LOCAL LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHER WARRANTY OF QUALITY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL OTHER LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF CAMBRIA. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH ARE NOT EXCLUDED HEREBY, DUE TO OPERATION OF LAW, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN FOR THE PRODUCT WARRANTED.
IN NO CASE WILL CAMBRIA BE LIABLE EITHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISEM FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSQEUENTIAL, OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGED, INCLUDING BY NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE FOR BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER LOSS, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH DAMAGE WHETHER OT NOT CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF CAMBRIA, EVEN IS CAMBRIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLILTY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This Limited Warranty is the only warranty made by Cambria for Cambria Natural Quartz SurfacesTM. No representative, dealer, employee, installer or any other person is authorized to make, modify or change this Limited Warranty or make any other warranty representative or promise on behalf of Cambria with respect to the Product. No term or condition other than those stated in this Limited Warranty and no agreement or understanding, whether oral or written, in any way purporting to modify or change this Limited Warranty shall be binding upon Cambria, unless made in writing and signed by the President and Chief Executive Officer of Cambria, Martin E. Davis.
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void unless the Product has been paid for in full.
This Limited Warranty covers only manufacturing defects and DOES NOT apply to Product subjected to damage due to mishandling, abnormal use, misuse or physical or chemical abuse or exposure, direct or sustained heat or sold or sudden or rapid change in temperature or thermal shock, exposure to chemicals, force, pressure or loading applied from a person, utensil or object, including but not limited to cracks and/or chips resulting therefrom.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover damage effects cause by poor installation or fabrication caused by the installer or fabricator. In addiction, improper insufficient or poorly designed support, cabinets, structures, substrate or sub-floors for counter tops, vertical surfaces, or floor tile ARE NOT covered by this Limited Warranty.
Product, including floor tile installed in entry ways, or outdoors, IS NOT covered by this limited warranty. Products that are installed outdoors, in partially covered or sheltered outdoor areas, in entry ways and interior areas subject to traffic flor from the outdoors ARE NOT covered by the limited warranty due to exposure to weather, chancing temperatures, sunlight and other conditions because these conditions can damage the Product. Products, including floor tile and vertical surfaces installed in indoor entryways or outdoors can also be damaged by de-icing activities and other chemicals or substances which are tracked onto or which come into contact with the Product.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover Product installed in applications such as, but not limited to, shower trays or shower pans, steam showers, steam rooms and saunas.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT apply to Cambria Accents.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover Product installed in moving vehicles including by not limited to, recreational vehicles (RV’s) or trailers, air crafts, boats, ships or other watercraft.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover the quality of the installation or damage caused by the installer or fabricator. Installation or fabrication issues must be resolved directly with the point of purchase and are the sole responsibility of the Owner and the point of purchase and NOT of Cambria and ARE NOT covered by this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty DOES NOT cover transportation, freight, tear-out, demolition in any form, disposal and re installation fabrication are associated costs beyond the cost of the Product or its replacement.
Various laws, building and safety codes govern the design, engineering and construction of building and installations within them. These vary widely. Cambria assumes no responsibility or obligation with respect to the selection of its Product for the installation or the designs, engineering construction of the installation site.
Cambria IS NOT responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, installation, architectural and engineering design, structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidents.
All Limited Warranty claims must be received by Cambria within thirty (30) days after the Owner learns of the facts upon which the warranty claim is based, or such warranty claim shall be deemed waived.
Right of Cambria to Inspect
In order for Cambria to respond under this Limited Warranty, Cambria’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the Product, evaluate and respond to any claim.
All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects or affecting this Warranty shall be made by Cambria and shall be final and binding upon the parties.
Choice of Law
This Limited Warranty shall be interpreted exclusively under the laws of the State of Minnesota.
This Limited Warranty only applies to Products purchase and installed after August 1, 2008.
Registration & Service – General Provisions
To register for the Limited Warranty you must complete the Limited Warranty Registration and Service Questionnaire by calling 1-866/CAMBRIA (1-866-226-2742) or by going online at www.CambriaUSA.com
To make a claim or obtain service under this Limited Warranty, you must call Cambria Customer Care at 1-866-CAMBRIA (1-866-226-2742) or submit your claim in writing to Cambria, 11000 W. 78th St., Suite 200, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 USA, to the attention of Warranty Services.
Please provide the following information:
1. Your name, address and telephone number.
2. Description of the Product application for which the claim is made including the color and thickness of the Product
3. Date of Purchase or date of installation, whichever is earlier.
4. Name of Retailer, Installer or Fabricator from whom you purchased the Product.
5. A description of the claim.
A Cambria Customer Care Representative will contact you to follow up on your claim.
This Limited Warranty is non transferable and applies only to the original owner of the product.
Cultured Marble Products 10-year Limited Warranty
Cultured Marble Products, Ltd. warrants their cast products, but no other products, to the original purchaser, to be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and conditions for a period of 10 (ten) years from date of original purchase. Buyer must give quick, reasonable notice of any defect.
If service is required by reason of defect during the 10 (ten) year period, Cultured Marble Products, Ltd. will repair, or at its discretion replace this product without charge, subject to verification of the defect. For warranty service contact the manufacturer by phone at (916)929.0266, or by writing to the address below.
This warranty does not cover damages that result from normal wear, alteration, accident, abuse, neglect or repairs that have been made or attempted by others, or from failure to use proper cleaners.
Cultured Marble Products
1630 Kathleen Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95815
916.929.0266 – phone
916.929.8740 – fax
Your new Corian installation entitles you to certain quality assurance standards as provided in this Residential Limited Warranty. To obtain information and service under this warranty, contact the source from whom you purchased your DuPont Corian installation or DuPont at www.Corian.com or call 1-800-426-7426.
General Residential Warranty Information
The following warranty applies to you, the owner of a permanent installation of Corian, when installed by a DuPont authorized fabricator/installer and purchased after November 1, 2004 in the United States and Canada. DuPont, at its option, will repair or replace, without charge, Corian product if it fails due to any manufacturing defect (as determined by an authorized warranty service agent) during the first 10 years after initial installation, except for damage caused by physical, chemical or other abuse, damage from excessive heat, use in certain applications or acts of nature.
“Physical, chemical or other abuse” includes any use of the installation that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of such installations in a residence, and includes, but is not limited to, damage from vandalism, use of improper cleaning solutions, leaving substances, such as bleach or drain cleaner, on the product without prompt cleaning, the dropping of heavy objects on the countertop or in the sink, or product which has not been maintained in accordance with the DuPont Care and Use Guide, which is available on the website.
“Excessive heat” means exposure to heat of such a degree that white marks, white rings or cracks appear on the product. Cracking around a cooktop may appear by permitting cookware that is on or partially on a heating element to overhang the countertop causing excessive heat on the countertop or from using high temperatures for excessively lengthy periods of time. Common sense should be exercised by using a rubber-footed trivet when putting a hot object directly from a heat source onto the product or when exposing the product to heat.
“Acts of nature” include, but are not limited to, exposure to the outdoors, weather effects, and fire.
This warranty does not cover products made by other suppliers or manufacturers, nor does it cover installations of Corian which are not performed by DuPont authorized fabricators/installers. The warranty covers seam performance but not appearance. Silicone seams do not constitute part of the Corian installation and accordingly are not covered by this warranty. Furthermore, this warranty does not cover any damage to Corian caused by or arising out of improperly installed, used or maintained appliances (including garbage disposals) which are either built into Corian or placed or stored on Corian.
Subject to the conditions below, this warranty is transferable to the next purchaser of your home providing the new owner writes to DuPont to register the installation under the new owner’s name. If after, or during, installation, you decide that you do not like the color you selected, replacement is not covered by this warranty.
This warranty is for countertops, vertical applications, backsplashes, DuPont manufactured sinks and vanities, and does not include uses of Corian in applications such as, but not limited to, saunas, shower pans, steam rooms or outdoor uses in, including by way of example only, RVs, grill tops, outside counters and boats. In-carton products purchased in retail outlets are not covered by this installed warranty and should be returned to the retailer from whom you purchased such product.
Repair or Replace
DuPont will repair any area of the installation that has a manufacturing defect. If a repair is not possible, DuPont will replace the defective area of the installation. DuPont will pay for the cost of the product, labor involved in the removal and replacement of the original installation of product only and for plumbing and electrical disconnect and reconnect charges to the extent determined necessary by DuPont or its warranty service agent. You will be responsible for any other costs associated with or arising out of the repair or replacement. Whether DuPont performs repair or replacement of your installation, we will seek to obtain the best possible result, but exact color match cannot be guaranteed. Should we elect to replace your Corian installation, your warranty will continue from the original date of installation and not from the date of repair or replacement.
DuPont’s obligation to you is limited solely to repair or replacement of the Corian product purchased, including necessary reasonable labor charges as noted above. No implied or expressed warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is granted by this warranty except as expressly stated herein. Except as provided herein, DuPont shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use Corian. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. You shall be reasonably cooperate with DuPont or its representatives in their efforts to perform their obligation under these warranties.
To qualify for repair or replacement, the owner must provide the original sales receipt or other documentation acceptable to DuPont which demonstrates proof of purchase of the Corian installation, clearly showing both the date of purchase and that the installation was performed by a DuPont authorized Corian fabricator/installer.
The foregoing is the only warranty made by DuPont for Corian solid surface. No representative, dealer or any other person is authorized to make or makes any warranty, representation or promise on behalf of DuPont with respect to such products. No terms or conditions other than those stated herein or provided by law, and no agreement or understanding, oral or written, in any way purporting to modify this warranty shall be binding upon DuPont unless made in writing and signed by an authorized employee of DuPont.
This warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights; other rights may also be available which may vary from state to state or, in Canada, from province to province.
This Residential 10-year Limited Warranty coverage for DuPont Corian is your ultimate assurance of lasting quality. For more information about this warranty, please contact DuPont Corian directly by writing or calling:
Building 721, Maple Run
PO Box 80721
Wilmington, DE 19880
Need a copy of DuPont Corian’s Warranty? Click here for a current pdf version of the Corian Warranty
DuPont Zodiaq Residential 10-Year Limited Warranty
DuPont warrants to you, the owner of the original installation of DuPont Zodiaq quartz surfaces in your residence, that upon the following terms and conditions DuPont will, at its sole option, repair or replace, without charge, your installation of DuPont Zodiaq when installed by a DuPont Authorized Zodiaq installer, provided that DuPont or its authorized warranty service agent determines that the product has failed due to any manufacturing defect that is covered by this limited warranty during the first ten (10) years from the date of completion of installation of the Zodiaq.
General Terms & Conditions
The following contains information applicable to this limited warranty:
- This warranty applies to DuPont Zodiaq quartz surfaces only, and does not apply to any other products, including engineered stone products, manufactured or supplied by any other party, except by DuPont.
- This warranty applies to installations of Zodiaq quartz surfaces that have been permanently installed in the interior of residences for countertop usage and that have not been moved from the original, permanent installation. This warranty does not apply to other installations of Zodiaq such as, but not limited to, installations of shower walls, boats or recreational vehicles, or outdoor uses. If after, or during installation, you decide that you do not like the color you selected, replacement is not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty applies to product purchased and installed after November 30, 2007, for owner-occupied residences.
- To obtain service under this limited warranty, you must contact the source from whom you purchased DuPont Zodiaq, or DuPont at the address shown at the end of this limited warranty. To qualify for repair or replacement, you must provide the original sales receipt or other documentation acceptable to DuPont that demonstrates proof of purchase clearly showing the date of purchase, the date the installation was performed, and that such installation was performed by a DuPont Authorized Zodiaq Installer. Your proof of purchase must identify your installation as DuPont Zodiaq. If you represent to us that your installtion is DuPont Zodiaq and upon arrival of our warranty service agent at the installation site we determine that your installation is not DuPont Zodiaq, you will be liable for and charged the standard warranty service trip charge in effect at that time and no repair or replacement will be performed. You must permit DuPont or DuPont’s authorized agents to inspect the installation of the product. You will reasonably cooperate with DuPont in DuPont’s efforst to perform its obligations under this warranty. All decisions about defects in manufacture, conversion or installation shall be made by DuPont and communicated to you in a timely manner. Whether DuPont performs repair or replacement of your installation, we will seek to obtain the best possible result, but exact color match cannot be guaranteed.
- This warranty shall be null and void unless the products and the installation have been paid for in full.
- What You Should Expect From The Appearance of Your DuPont Zodiaq:
Color Variation Within an Installation: Since DuPont Zodiaq is made from natural quartz, variations in the color, size, shape and pattern of distribution of the natural stone (quartz), and the tone of the background, are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this product. If the natural variation is visible in an installation from a distance of 7 feet or greater with uniform lighting (no spot lights or high intensity lighting) it will be considered to be a material defect and covered by this warranty, but you must report it within thirty (30) days of installation. If the color variation is not visible from 7 feet or if it is not reported within thirty (30) days of installation, it will be considered to be a normal variation and not covered by this warranty.
Color Samples: Samples are only representative and are not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home. Variations in the color, gloss, finish, size, shape and pattern of distribution of natural stone (quartz), and the tone of the background, are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this product. For colors that contain non-directional movement or veining, due to the randomness of this effect, samples of these colors, especially small samples, may not capture this overall aesthetic. This does not affect the product performance in any manner. Your countertop will not be replaced under this warranty due to these variations.
Blemishes: Some level of what could be referred to as spots or blotches are inherent in the manufacturing process. Blemishes larger than the size of a US twenty-five cent piece are covered under this warranty, if you report it within thirty (30) days of installation. For colors that contain the non-direction movement or veining, this effect is random within the material. It is not considered a blemish or blotch, rather normal variation and not covered by this warranty. IN the rare case where a foreign particle (such as a piece of rubber, metal or wood) is found in the product, then it is covered by this warranty, if you report it within thirty (3) days of installation.
Gloss: DuPont Zodiaq should be expected to have less gloss than granite. Gloss levels can generally be increased by cleaning the installation as identified in this warranty document or on our website.
- This warranty is transferable within the 10-year period of warranty only when the new owner writes to DuPont (see address at the end of this limited warranty) to register the installation under the new owner’s name. The new owner may also refer to our website, shown below, which details the proper maintenance of the product.
- This warranty applies to products that have been maintained according to the DuPont Zodiaq quartz surfaces Care in Use Guide provided free of charge at the time of installation, upon request, from the DuPont Authorized Zodiaq Installer or from DuPont, or on our website shown below.
- This warranty covers seam performance, not the appearance of the seam. Furthermore, placement of the seams is at the discretion of the fabricator/installer, using color coordinated seam adhesive. Seam failures due to settling or structural issues unrelated to the countertop installation are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover the uses of products for “commercial” uses, uses of products exposed to outside weather and climate conditions, abnormal use or conditions, or abuse in any way. “Commercial use” includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office or other place of business. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling or misuse, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse, and damage from improper care and maintenance. Improper care of DuPont Zodiaq may result from staining, scratching, chips in the surface, cracking or seam separation.
Excessive Heat: Thermal damage, which can occur when a hot pot, pan, dish or any other receptacle or object is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets or hot pads should always be sued. Excessive heat is not considered to be a material defect, but rather, subject to proper care and maintenance by you.
Chips: Chips are caused by impact. The quartz and polyester are bonded together using pressure and vacuum. Chips or any other impact damage are not covered under this warranty.
Scratches: DuPont Zodiaq is extremely scratch resistant, however, it can be scratched when proper care is not used, and accordingly, scratches in your Zodiaq installation are not covered by this warranty. Cutting boards should always be used as part of your proper care and maintenance.
Staining: DuPont Zodiaq is stain-resistant, but not stain proof. Stains can usually be removed with chemical cleaners. Staining is not covered by this warranty. You can view our stain cleaning guidelines on our website shown at the end of this document or at the phone number also shown at the end of this document.
- DuPont is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural movement or settling, acts of vandalism, or accidents.
- DuPont’s obligation under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the DuPont Zodiaq product covered by this warranty, including necessary labor charges needed to repair, remove or replace the product. DuPont will repair or replace any area of the installation that is determined by DuPont or its warranty service agent to be defective. TO the extent required, DuPont will cover the cost of the simple plumbing and electrical disconnect and reconnect charges to the extent determined necessary by DuPont or its warranty service agent. You will be responsible for any other costs associated with or arising out of the repair or replacement, such as, but not limited to, repairs to wall surfaces, paint, wall paper, tiles, and removal of cabinets, storage bins and food garages or backsplashes to allow access to the Zodiaq product for repair or replacement, as well as costs incurred to enable access to plumbing and electrical connections. Your original warranty will continue for the duration of the original ten year period and not from the date of any repair or installation.
- Except as provided in this limited warranty, DuPont shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss of direct, consequential or incidental applications covered by this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- DuPont makes no other warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state or, in Canada, from province to province.
This is the only warranty made by DuPont for Zodiaq quartz surfaces. No representative, dealer, salesperson or any other person is authorized to make or makes any warranty or promise on behalf of DuPont with respect to Zodiaq quartz surfaces. No terms or conditions other than those stated herein or provide by law, and no agreement or understanding, oral or written, in any way purporting to modify this warranty shall be binding upon DuPont unless made in writing and signed by an authorized employee of DuPont.
To register for the warranty, your DuPont Authorized Zodiaq Installer must fill out and return a registration form.
Recommend using the below paragraph to be consistent with other warranties:
For more information about this warranty, please contact DuPont Zodiaq directly by writing or calling:
Building 721, Maple Run
PO Box 80721
Wilmington, DE 19880
E-mail: [email protected]
Or go to: www.Zodiaq.com
KraftMaid Warranty Information
Thank you for your purchase of KraftMaid cabinetry. KraftMaid Cabinetry, Inc. warrants its cabinetry to be free of defects in material or workmanship for as long as they are owned by the original purchaser. KraftMaid, at our option, may elect to repair or replace any KraftMaid product by this warranty.
This warranty does not cover the natural aging or darkening of wood color, the inherent growth characteristics of, or variation in wood. Some replacement parts are subject to availability, and may differ from those originally supplied. This warranty does not apply to products or parts purchased without a finish. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or damage of defects caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alteration, non-residential use, or improper installation, storage, or handling.