Fieldstone Cabinetry Care
FIELDSTONE CABINETRY MAINTENANCE
A few simple preventative steps will keep cabinetry looking good. These tips apply to most finished wood, including furniture, paneling and wood floors.
• Make sure plants are in drip-proof pots and that their leaves do not touch finished wood.
• Always set items down and pick them up. Do not slide them across finished wood.
• Do not set synthetics, rubber or plastic directly on wood finishes. They contain chemicals that can damage the finish.
• Do not leave newspapers or other printed materials on finished wood. Inks used for printing can bleed into the finish.
• Always use coasters under drinks.
• Always use hot pads under hot items.
• Even though the varnish finish is highly water resistant, we recommend that water or food spills be wiped up after they occur.
CLEANING AND TOUCH-UP
Cabinets finished with a catalyzed conversion varnish should be cleaned occasionally by wiping with a damp cloth OR mild soap and water. However, even the best cabinetry finishes are not designed for repeated exposure to soap and water.
• Cabinets should be dried with a soft cloth after cleaning.
• To remove grease buildup, a solution of equal parts vinegar and water is recommended. This solution will not leave a residue.
• Abrasive cleaners should not be used.
• Liquid, non-abrasive cleaners are OK.
• Furniture cleaners that remove wax build-up are not recommended.
• Wax products are not necessary. While they will not cause harm, neither are they of any benefit.
• In time, even with normal use, you will need to touch-up cabinetry. We recommend ordering a touch-up kit now, when cabinetry is new and keeping it in a safe place for future needs.
METAL ONLAY CARE
Metal Onlays have a protective clear-coat that guards the natural metal surface from scratches as well as from the effects of oxidation. If necessary, Metal Onlays can be cleaned with warm water and soap or any ordinary non-abrasive household cleaner. Wipe clean with a dry, clean cloth. Metal Onlays don’t need polishing. The protective coating ensures a durable, virtually maintenance-free finish.
To clean hardware, use a soft cloth, warm water and a gentle non-abrasive cleanser. The finish on the hardware will:
• Resist corrosion caused by moisture and salt air.
• Protect the hardware from contact with household chemicals used to clean a kitchen.
• Resist abrasion to keep the hardware looking new.
PUNCHED TIN CARE
To clean panels, wipe with a soft, dry cloth. Should it become necessary to use a liquid cleaner, use only a mild, non-abrasive detergent diluted in water and wipe dry immediately. Never use waxes, polishes, or abrasive cleaners on panels as they may damage the protective coating. With proper care, your panels should keep their original appearance indefinitely.Fieldstone warranty information, click here. For more info, visit http://www.fieldstonecabinetry.com/