Care and Maintenance for your Piedrafina Quartz Countertops
Piedrafina Quartz countertops are exceptionally durable, but they will require some common sense maintenance and care to keep them in top shape. Here are a few tips:
- Never apply sealers, penetrants, or topical treatments to your quartz counter tops, they never need to be sealed.
- Scrape any stuck-on gum, grease or paint off with a plastic (never metal) putty knife.
- Remove any other grease with a degreasing cleanser as soon as it comes in contact with your countertop.
- Remove ink or permanent marker with an oil-based cleaner; rinse with warm water immediately after the stain is removed.
- Avoid excessive force or pressure on your countertops; this may crack or chip the surface.
- While your quartz can resist temperatures up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, always place a trivet or hot pad under hot pans, crock pots, electric skillets, etc., to avoid “thermal shock” which can occur due to sudden changes in temperature and cause permanent damage to your countertop.
- Do not use a knife directly on your quartz counter tops. While they are highly scratch resistant, they can be damaged by a knife or utensil cuts, or if forcefully hit with sharp objects. Always use a cutting board placed on top of the countertop to avoid damage.