Blanco Silgranit II Sink Maintenance
GENERAL CARE & CLEANING:
Daily cleaning may be done with any non-abrasive cleaner (i.e. Bar Keeper’s Friend, Soft Scrub with Bleach, or dishwasher soap). After every use, rinse and wipe the sink dry with a clean, soft cloth to eliminate any water spots or soap film build-ups.
REMOVING STAINS & MINOR SCUFF MARKS:
Normal Stains—for stains, please use a mild abrasive cleanser, along with a soft scouring pad. For stubborn stains, use a solution of 50% bleach and 50% water. This should only be used for tough, stubborn stains. Let the solution sit in the bottom of the sink for one hour, then scrub. Rinse well. Also, the use of Bar Keeper’s Friend (directions included on bottle or can) will help remove stubborn stains. (PLEASE NOTE: with Anthracite or Café Brown, the sink must be rinsed thoroughly with hot water.)
BLANCOCLEAN can be used to help bring back the luster. Follow the direction on the bottle. Mineral oil applied with a damp cloth can also be used to restore the luster. We do not recommend using BLANCOCLEAN on dark colored Silgranit II sinks.
To remove Calcium Deposits (a white ring around the bottom of your sink), use Lime Away or CLR cleaner. To remove Adhesive Labels, use Acetone (nail polish remover. Note: Always test any stain removers in a small, non-visible location.
WHAT NOT TO USE:
1) Do not use any abrasive cleaning agents or scrub pads, such as steel wool.
2) Do not use straight bleach.
3) Do not use commercial alkalis, such as ammonia and/or caustic solutions.
4) Do not use drain blocking chemicals that involve filling the sink with water.
5) BLANCOCLEAN is not recommended for use on dark colored Silgranit II sinks.